Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) - Business Category
The AINP Entrepreneur Stream welcomes farmers, foreign nationals graduated inside or outside Canada!
International Graduate Entrepreneur Immigration Stream
The International Graduate Entrepreneur Immigration Stream (IGEIS) allows Alberta to nominate qualified international graduates from Alberta post-secondary institutions who want to establish or operate a business in Alberta to apply for permanent residence.
- Must establish a new business or buy an existing business in Alberta with a minimum 34% ownership;
- Business Partners must be Canadian Citizens or PR;
- Minimum of 6 months of full-time work experience;
- Minimum CLB/NCLC 7 for each language skill;
- Have a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) valid for at least 2 years at the time of your Expression of Interest (EOI) submission.
Foreign Graduate Start-Up Visa Stream
The FGSVS is an economic immigration program for qualified foreign-educated graduates from outside of Canada who want to launch start-up enterprises and innovative businesses in Alberta.
This program is a collaboration between the AINP and approved designated agencies. Therefore, foreign graduates who are interested in applying under the FGSVS must work with a designated agency, they are the ones who will issue a letter of recommendation if it deems that the foreign graduate meets the AINP requirements.
- Minimum of 6 months full-time work experience that can be a combination of actively managing or owning the business or equivalent;
- Completion of a degree from a post-secondary institution outside of Canada within the last 2 years with an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA);
- Minimum CLB 7 for each English language skill or NCLC of 7 for French;
- Minimum of 34% ownership if the business is located in an urban centre or a minimum of 51% ownership if located in a regional area outside Calgary and Edmonton Census Metropolitan Areas (CMAs);
- The minimum investment for an urban centre is $100,000 while the mandatory minimum investment for a regional area is $50,000.
Self-Employed Farmer Stream
This stream is for individuals who have the financial resources and farm management experience to purchase and establish a farm in Alberta.
Applicants must prove that they have farm management skills. Proof of this may include, but is not limited to:
- financial documentation of an existing farm business;
- documentation of education, training and work experience;
- a proposed business plan for the farming enterprise you are considering in Alberta; or
- proof that a Canadian financial institution is willing to finance your proposed farming business.
- invest a minimum of $500,000 CAD of equity in a primary production farming business in Alberta;
- the minimum net worth of $500,000 CAD, or confirmation of the ability to access a similar amount of funds from other sources.