Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) - Skills Category
The AINP has 2 streams for foreign workers who are living and working in Alberta, or plan to live and work here.
Alberta Express Entry Stream
Qualified candidates with an Express Entry profile may be invited by AINP to apply for nomination for permanent residence.
- International graduates from Canadian post-secondary institutions may also be asked to apply under this stream;
- Candidates cannot apply directly to the Alberta Express Entry Stream;
- You cannot use a nomination under a different AINP stream to apply under the Alberta Express Entry Stream or the federal Express Entry system;
- Alberta Express Entry Stream nominees cannot extend their nomination.
Alberta Opportunity Stream
This stream is for temporary foreign workers who are already working full-time in Alberta and have a full-time job offer from an Alberta employer in an eligible occupation.
- A minimum of 12 months full-time work experience in your current occupation in Alberta within the last 18 months, or
- A minimum of 24 months of full-time work experience in your current occupation in Canada or abroad within the last 30 months or both – this work experience can be a combination of experience gained in Alberta, outside Alberta or outside Canada;
- Post-Graduation Work Permit holders require a minimum of 6 months full-time work experience in your current occupation in Alberta within the last 18 months;
- If you are a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) holder, your occupation must also be related to your field of study in Alberta;
- Minimum of CLB 5 for each English language skill If you are working in a NOC 0, A or B occupation; CLB 4 for a NOC C or D occupation.