BC Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) - Skills Category
Skills Immigration is for skilled and semi-skilled workers in high-demand occupations in B.C.
Skilled workers may have work experience from abroad. Entry Level and Semi-Skilled category applicants need B.C. work experience. Recent international graduates of a Canadian university or college may not need any work experience, depending on the job being offered.
BC Tech Pilot
- BC PNP Tech Pilot extended to June 2021.
- The BC Provincial Nominee Program Tech Pilot offers an expedited immigration pathway for people with tech skills applying to be permanent Canadian residents who will contribute to B.C.’s shared prosperity.
- The complete list of the 29 in-demand tech occupations:
BC PNP Skills Immigration
Skills Immigration is a way for workers in a professional, management, technical, trade or other skilled occupation to gain permanent residence in B.C.
In order to apply, you must have accepted a full-time, indeterminate job offer (a permanent job, or one with no set end date) from a B.C. employer. The job must be in a National Occupational Classification (NOC) skilled occupation (Skill Type 0 or Skill Level A or B).
- You graduate with a valid qualification from an eligible Canadian university or college within the last 3 years.
- You must have graduated in the last three years with a master's or doctorate (PhD) degree in the natural, applied or health sciences.
Entry Level and Semi-Skilled
- The Skills Immigration (SI) – Entry Level and Semi-Skilled category of the BC Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) is a way for workers in a valid tourism/hospitality, long-haul trucking or food processing occupation to gain permanent residence in B.C.
- This category is not eligible under the Express Entry BC stream.
Health care Professional
- The Healthcare Professional category helps physicians, specialists, nurses and allied health professionals work in B.C. and gain permanent residence.