New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program (NB PNP) - Business Category
The New Brunswick Entrepreneurial stream targets qualified foreign entrepreneurs who are interested in managing a business that will contribute to New Brunswick’s economy.
The NBPNP is a provincial immigration program made possible through an agreement with the Government of Canada. As an economic program, the NBPNP selects and nominates qualified workers from around the world who will live in New Brunswick and contribute to the New Brunswick economy through full-time ongoing employment.
New Brunswick accepts applications under this category from individuals who plan to own and actively manage a business in New Brunswick. Applicants are expected to make a monetary investment in the business.
- Age: Between 22 and 55 years;
- Education: Have a minimum of a two-year post-secondary education after high school;
- Minimum Official Languages Proficiency: CLB 5;
- Minimum net worth: CAD 600,000;
- Minimum investment: CAD 250,000;
- Experience: Have at least three out of five years of experience in managing and owning a business (of at least 33.3%) or have five years of experience in a senior business management role or more and be responsible for supervising at least two employees; and
- Provide a business plan, approved by a New Brunswick government official, that will show how the business will benefit New Brunswick.
Post-Graduate Entrepreneurial Stream
The New Brunswick Post-Graduate Entrepreneurial Stream targets international graduates from recognized New Brunswick universities or community colleges.
- Age: between 22 and 40;
- Education: Have completed at least two years full-time post-secondary education at a recognized New Brunswick university or community college, and have lived in New Brunswick for the duration of the course
- Minimum Official Languages Proficiency: CLB7;
- Experience: Have 100 percent owned and operated a business for one full year;
- Status: Have a valid Post-Graduation Work Permit; and
- Intend to live permanently in New Brunswick.