Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program (NL PNP) - Business Category
The New Brunswick Entrepreneurial stream targets qualified foreign entrepreneurs who are interested in managing a business that will contribute to New Brunswick’s economy.
This category is an immigration program for experienced business owners or senior business managers who wish to start or acquire a business in Newfoundland and Labrador and who intend to provide ongoing participation in the day-to-day management and direction of a business.
The key feature of the International Entrepreneur Category is that it is a temporary to permanent residence program.
Its 6-Step Toward PR
- Welcomes 21 ~ 59 of age;
- Provide a business plan with supporting financial documentation;
- High school diploma;
- Have at least $600,000 CAD in net business and personal assets;
- Invest at least $200,000 CAD of their own money to establish a business in NL with minimum ownership of 33.3%, or $1 million in equity investment;
- Have at least 2 years’ experience actively managing and owning a business in the last 5 years OR 5 or more years’ experience in a senior business management role in the last 10 years;
- CLB 5 in English or French.
International Graduate Entrepreneurial
The International Graduate Entrepreneur category is intended for graduates of Memorial University or College of the North Atlantic who have already started or bought a local business and maintained day-to-day operations for at least 1 continuous year:
- Be at least 21 years of age;
- Provide a business continuity plan;
- Have completed a degree or diploma after at least 2 academic years of full-time;
- Have a valid post-graduate work permit;
- Have at least 1 year’s continuous experience actively managing and owning the current business (33.3% minimum ownership);
- Have a score of at least CLB 7 in English or French.