Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program (NL PNP) - Skills Category
Score a minimum of 67 points out of 100 for Express Entry.
This category is for international workers and prospective immigrants who have skills that are beneficial to the labour market:
- Have a guaranteed offer of employment from a local employer, or be currently working in the province on a valid work permit;
- Employers must also demonstrate a need for the applicant’s skill set.
Express Entry Skilled Worker
If you hold a Post-Graduate Work Permit (PGWP), you may be eligible for the Express Entry Skilled Worker Category.
- Applicants must have a high-skilled job or job offer from a NL employer based on the National Occupational Code (NOC) opens in the new window classification system;
- Score a minimum of 67 points out of 100 on the PNP point assessment grid.
This category is for international students who have graduated from a recognized post-secondary educational institution in Canada.
- Complete at least half of their studies in Canada, and to graduate from a publicly-funded Canadian college or university, or to have completed a minimum of a two-year diploma or degree program, while studying on a full-time basis;
- 1-year post-graduate degree programs and certificate programs requiring a previous degree or diploma are also eligible;
- If applicants are offered employment in a NOC C (jobs requiring secondary education and/or occupation-specific training) position, they must meet a CLB 4 level of proficiency in writing, speaking, reading, and listening.
Priority Skills NL
Currently, Expressions of Interest (EOI) are being accepted from:
1. In-demand Academic candidates: must have completed Ph.D. or Master’s degrees from Memorial University within the past 3 years in the following specialties: Technology, Health Care, Aquaculture, and Agriculture.
2. In-demand Work candidates: must have worked in a specialized, highly-skilled, in-demand occupation for at least 1 full year in the last 10 years.
No matter which of the above categories you fit in, you must:
- Have taken an IELTS or CELPIP language test within the last 12 months and scored equivalent to CLB level 5 or higher;
- Exceed the minimum score of 60 points.