Northwest Territories Nominee Program (NTNP) - Business Category
The Business Stream of the NTNP aims to attract individuals with business experience who are considering investing and settling in the Northwest Territories.
The NTNP is the Provincial Nominee Program of the Northwest Territories.
Through this program, prospective immigrants with the skills and experience targeted by the province may receive a Northwest Territories Provincial Nomination Certificate, which will allow that foreign national to apply for Canadian Permanent Residence with processing times that are faster than other Canadian immigration classes.
- Minimum Official Languages Proficiency: CLB4;
- Minimum Net Worth: In Yellowknife: CAD 500,000 // Outside Yellowknife: CAD 250,000;
- Experience: Relevant business experience required; and
- Minimum Investment: In Yellowknife CAD 300,000 & at least 33.3% ownership // Outside Yellowknife: CAD 150,000 & at least 33.3% ownership or CAD 1,000,000 investment.
- Step 1: Self-assessment and initial Investigations
- Step 2: Further investigations and face‐to‐face interview(s)
- Step 3: Expression of Interest (EOI)
- Step 4: Formal application
- Step 5: Application review
- Step 6: Approval and the business performance agreement
- Step 7: Developing the business
- Step 8: Nomination