Northwest Territories Nominee Program (NB PNP) - Skills Category
NWT Express Entry Stream is available for applicants who have received NOC 0, A or B job offers.
Skilled Worker or NWT Express Entry Stream
These two pathways are designed to increase the labour pool for skilled level jobs within the National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill levels O, A and B:
- Skill Type 0 (zero) – Management jobs;
- Skill Type A – Professional jobs (usually requiring a university degree); and
- Skill Level B – Technical jobs and skilled Trades (usually requiring a college diploma or apprenticeship training).
Nominee Applicants in NOC category types 0, and A, must undergo mandatory language testing and achieve a minimum language standard of the Canadian Language Benchmark Level (CLB) 7 in either English or French. NOC B must achieve a minimum CLB 5.
Entry Level/Semi-Skilled Occupations
This category helps employers fill shortages for entry-level jobs when they cannot find a Canadian candidate locally or nationally for a position.
- Foreign nationals must have worked full-time in the same position with the employer for 6 months and be in good standing with the requirements of their temporary foreign work permit;
- The category is designed to increase the labour pool for entry level jobs within the NOC skill levels C and D;
- The term of employment must be for a permanent, full-time position (minimum 37.5 hours per week);
- The Employer must submit a copy of a positive Employment and Social Development Canada’s Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) or proof of job advertising;
- Have $10,000 CAD for themselves and an additional $2,000 CAD for each accompanying dependent.