June. 8th Announcement – Permanent Residence Pathways
The 2 pathways took effect on June 01, 2021, and will end on August 31, 2026.
Additional to the open work permit, two new permanent residence pathways are released recently, specifically targeting Hong Kong graduates and workers in Canada.
Canadian Work Experience
Applicants must have completed one of the educational credentials at a post-secondary Canadian designated learning institution (DLI), and accomplished at least half of their program in Canada. Applicants must have at least 1 year of full-time work experience (or the part-time equivalence of 1,560 hours) in Canada in the last 3 years. With at least 50% of your program completed in Canada (in person or online). They must also have completed one of the educational credentials at a post-secondary DLI in or outside Canada in the last 5 years.
To satisfy the criteria in the respective streams of the permanent residence special policy, the applicant must:
- Obtain an HKSAR or BNO passport;
- Remain in Canada when submitting the application and receiving a decision;
- Maintain a valid temporary resident status while in Canada;
- Intend to live outside of Quebec; and
- Demonstrate either English or French in all 4 skills (reading, writing, listening, and speaking) at a minimum of CLB/NCLC 5 level.
Requirement of Educational Credentials:
- Degree (bachelor, master, or doctorate);
- Diploma from a program lasts a minimum of 2 years; or
- Graduate or postgraduate credential from a program that lasts at least 1 year.
You are welcome to contact us for professional advice on pathways for Hong Kong residents. Experienced consultants at TWA will also provide any assistance to help you and your family settle in Canada.