Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program (PEI PNP) - Skills Category
The Skilled Worker Stream may be utilized for talent recruitment outside of Canada!
The PEI Critical Worker stream is employer-driven, allowing Island employers to fill intermediate-skilled positions that they are unable to fill through the local job market.
- have a full-time, non-seasonal (i.e. permanent or minimum of two years) job offer from a PEI employer in an intermediate-skilled position, defined by the National Occupation Code (NOC) skill level C or D;
- have worked a minimum of six months full-time for the PEI employer;
- have a minimum 2 years of full-time work experience or relevant education in the past five years;
- provide a language test from an IRCC-approved testing institute within the past two years with a minimum score of CLB/NCLC 4.
Trucking Sector Pilot: Effective June 2019, the Critical Worker Stream may be utilized for talent recruitment outside of Canada for approved PEI trucking-sector employers.
Skilled Workers in PEI
- have a full‐time, non-seasonal (permanent or minimum of 2 years) job offer from a PEI employer in a high skilled occupation defined by the NOC 0, A, or B;
- have at least 2 years of full‐time work experience in the past 5 years;
- have successfully completed a post‐secondary degree or diploma (minimum 2-year program);
- have sufficient English and/or French language ability to perform the job offered. Language ability can be verified by a minimum score of CLB/NCLC 4, or fill in the PEIW-02: Workforce Job Offer Form
Skilled Workers Outside Canada
The Skilled Worker Stream may be utilized for talent recruitment outside of Canada if the PEI employer has received authorization from the Office of Immigration prior to issuing a job offer.
The requirements to apply for this category are identical to Skilled Workers in PEI.
- have a post-secondary degree or diploma from a publicly-funded Prince Edward Island institution;
- have a full-time, non-seasonal (i.e. permanent or minimum of two years) job offer from a PEI employer;
- possess sufficient English and/or French language ability to perform the job offered.
PEI Express Entry
To be eligible for nomination through PEI Express Entry, you must meet the requirements of at least one of the Federal Economic Immigration programs:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program;
- Federal Skilled Trades Program; or
- Canadian Experience Class.
There are two pathways to permanent residency through the PEI Express Entry Category, depending on if you have a job offer in PEI or not. Priority will be given to applicants that are living and working in PEI.