Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) - Business Category
The Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) allows the province to nominate candidates to the Federal Government for permanent residence.
As the economy of Saskatchewan continues to grow, there is a desperate need for investment for rapid financial growth. People from all around the world are taking increasingly more interest in Saskatchewan since the province’s requirements are more attractive than others.
With the closure of the eastern province's programs similar to Saskatchewan, previously interested investors are looking at Saskatchewan as a viable alternative. International Immigration and Business Consulting (IIBC) can facilitate the entire immigration process for investors, including applications, proposals, exploratory visits, business and resettlement plans, including purchases of existing businesses.
There are two main streams under the business immigration category:
- Farm Owners & Operators
The Entrepreneur Stream
- The Saskatchewan Entrepreneur Stream offers candidates and their families the opportunity to start, obtain or partner in a business in the province, and
- Candidates must be actively involved in managing the business and live in Saskatchewan.
- Minimum net worth: CAD 500,000;
- Minimum investment: 300,000 in Regina or Saskatoon and at least 33.3% ownership, or $200,000 in any other Saskatchewan area and at least 33.3% ownership, or minimum CAD 1 million investment in the province;
- Experience: Three years of entrepreneurial or relevant management experience in the past 10 years; and
- Be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of your Business Establishment Plan (BEP).
- Step 1: Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI)
Expression of Interest (EOI) submission to the SINP where the prospective immigrants provide required proof to show their interest in running a business and to live in Saskatchewan.
- Step 2: Invitation to Apply
EOI Selection and Invitation to Submit an Application depends on the situation and proofs.
- Step 3: Nomination
Find out if you were nominated by the province of Saskatchewan.
The Farm Owners & Operators Stream
- The Farm Owners and Operators Stream offers candidates and their families the opportunity to immigrate to Saskatchewan to purchase and operate a farm in the province.
- This stream is designed to attract potential immigrants with proven experience in farming and who desire to live in Saskatchewan.
- Minimum net worth: CAD 500,000;
- Experience: Farming operation ownership experience using agricultural practices similar to those used in Saskatchewan-based farming;
- Required a Farm Establishment Plan (FEP);
- Minimum investment: N/A; and
- Deposit of CAD 75,000 with the province, refundable upon meeting the terms of a performance agreement with the province.
Criteria for the Young Farmer Stream
Applicants who are under 40 years of age are eligible to meet the Farm sub-category’s amended standards to be considered for nomination under the Young Farmer Stream.
To qualify under this stream, applicants must:
- Minimum net worth: CAD 300,000;
- Experience: Have at least 3 years of experience in Farm ownership, the management or practical farming;
- Age: Under the age of 40 at the time of application;
- Make a viable proposal for a commercial farming opportunity in Saskatchewan with a reasonable expectation of profit; and
- Have the potential to supplement farming income.