Yukon Business Nominee Program (YBNP) - Business Category
The YBNP targets individuals with experienced business skills looking to set up a business in the Yukon and contribute to the community.
Perhaps most famous for the Klondike Gold Rush of the late 1890s, the Yukon today is home to approximately 30,000 people living mostly in the capital of Whitehorse.
Its economy is composed primarily of mining and tourism, and the Yukon territory is an ideal place to settle for individuals who prioritize strong community values and the great outdoors.
The Yukon Business Nominee Program (YBNP) is the Yukon’s Provincial Nominee Program. Through this program, prospective immigrants with the skills and experience targeted by the territory may receive a Yukon Provincial Nomination Certificate, which will allow that foreign national to then apply for permanent residence in the Yukon community.
- Minimum Languages Proficiency: Overall language score of 6 ob the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or Level 4 in the Test d’Evaluation de Francais (TEF);
- Minimum net worth: CAD 500,000 (including CAD 300,000 in liquid assets: cash, bonds, cash derivatives etc.);
- Experience: Minimum 3 years of entrepreneurial/ business management experience & minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience; and
- Minimum investment: CAD 300,000 and at least 1/3 ownership with a Canadian citizen or permanent resident partner
Priority will be given to business applicants who intend to establish or be involved in a business in one of the industries listed below:
- Mining/ Mineral Development/ Energy/ Agriculture/ Cultural Industries;
- Film and Video Production/ Information Technology/ Manufacturing; or
- Value-added Processing/ Forestry/ Tourism Products, Attractions, Services and Facilities.
Businesses in the following industries are not eligible under the YBNP:
- Business and Personal Services/ Most professional practices;
- Real Estate Rental/ Passive Investments;
- Retail, wholesale operations and distribution operations; and
- Restaurants/ Financial Services.