Once applicants of Provincial Nominee Programs have been nominated by a province or territory, they can apply for their permanent residence online! IRCC is currently testing a new online immigration application.
Filling out forms
Applicants have to fill out the digital form – Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) online first. Applicants or any family members coming with must fill out the rest of the PDF forms in the instruction guide for your immigration program as the following:
- no need to print them and sign by hand;
- upload them to your online application;
- the principal applicant needs to electronically sign for the entire application, including those of your family members.
If applicants want to appoint professionals to deal with the application on their behalf, then they must
- submit a Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) form;
- sign it by hand and get your immigration representative to do so;
- upload it with your own application.
Electronically sign your application
- Applicants must type their full name exactly as shown on their passport to electronically sign the application.
Applicants need 1 photo for each person on the application and follow the instructions in the online application to scan and upload both sides of the photo(s).
- Provincial Nominee Program Applications | These PNP will be put on hold until further actions
- Guidance for special measures to support Hong Kong residents to come to Canada
- Temporary Residents in Canada | Are you unable to depart Canada due to the COVID-19 pandemic?
- Temporary Immigration Measures | Former international students can now apply for an 18-month open work permit!