Entrepreneurs in Quebec
Quebec Entrepreneur Program
A program that grants qualified business owners and managers the opportunity to obtain permanent residence in Quebec, provided they can effectively create or acquire a business in the province.
The 2 Program Streams
Stream 1: You must settle in Québec to create and operate a business for which you have already received a service offer from a business accelerator or incubator or a university entrepreneurship center. You must present your business project in the form of a business plan, as well as a service offer.
Stream 2: You must settle in Québec to create or acquire and operate a business; owner-funded and operated businesses.
Other Factors to Consider
Your application will also be assessed on the basis of other factors and criteria including:
- your age;
- your level of education;
- your French and English language skills;
- your financial self-sufficiency;
- your visits to Québec; and
- your family in Québec.
- Foreign nationals interested in applying under Stream One of the Entrepreneur Program will need to obtain the passing score of 41 points under all factors in the Quebec Economic Class selection grid for the Quebec Entrepreneur Program in order to be considered for selection;
- Candidates under Stream One of the Quebec Entrepreneur Program can obtain points for factors such as education level, areas of training, age, language proficiency in French and English, and stay and family in Quebec. There are no additional points awarded for applicants with a spouse or common-law partner;
- You must present your business project in the form of a business plan, as well as a service offer;
- You can carry out your project alone or with others, up to a maximum of three other foreign nationals who have submitted applications for permanent selection as entrepreneurs for the same project.
Minimum Requirements for Stream 1:
The Above Chart Shows the Minimum Requirements for Stream 2:
- Foreign nationals interested in applying under Stream Two of the Quebec Entrepreneur Program will need to obtain the passing score of 81 points in all 13 factors under Quebec's Economic Class selection grid to be considered for selection;
- Candidates under Stream Two of Quebec's Entrepreneur Program are awarded points for factors that include education level, areas of training, age, language proficiency in French and English, and stay and family in Quebec;
- Your business must not be involved in any of the following activities:
- Payday loans, cheque cashing, or pawnbroking;
- Real estate development or real estate or insurance brokerage; and
- Production, distribution, or sale of sexually explicit products or services.
- Your business must have been in operation during the five years prior to your date of application.